VISTA – NWDAF
The brain for 5G SA to collect and provide analytics data driven decisions
Network Data Analytics Function (NWDAF) is a new Network Function (NF) in the 5G SBA architecture designed to be a framework for data collection from user equipment, network functions, and operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM) systems, etc. and delivery of analytics data to other NFs and AFs.
Samsung Zhilabs NWDAF paves the way toward utilizing the full potential of AI and ML techniques to enable network automation with as little human interaction as possible.
NWDAF leverages AI-driven holistic subscriber management by collecting and unifying and encompassing Performance Management, Fault Management, Service Quality Management and Customer Experience Management into a holistic umbrella able to provide end-to- end Customer Experience aided by the latest advances in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Samsung NDWAF supports all 3GPP uses cases
The full potential of AI and ML techniques embedded in Samsung NWDAF allows addressing all the 5G 3GPP NWDAF 5G use cases and other advanced cases, as well as determining anomalies that impact customer experience.
- Use network slice level data analytics to perform policy decisions in the PCF.
- NSSF may use the load level information provided by NWDAF for slice selection.
- NWDAF-assisted QoS provision traffic handling
- Customized mobility management
- QoS adjustment
- 5G edge computing
- Load (re-)balancing of NFs
- Determination of areas with oscillation of network conditions
- Slice SLA assurance
- Predictable network performance
- NWDAF-assisted predictable network performance
- UE-driven analytics sharing
- NWDAF analytics exposure to applications (e.g. in Smart City applications such as alleviating urban traffic congestion)